Monday 26 January 2015

Day 26: "Australia Day"

Sponsor me by clicking here!

Today's theme: "Australia Day"

My fitness challenge: My goal is to do 3 x 30 supported pull-ups at Level 1 by 30th January 2015. And to write a poem everyday.

My progress: It's Australia Day, went to the gym early so I could hunker down with a rare beer in the afternoon. At the gym I did my usual routine, and managed 2 x 20 lat pull-downs at 62.5. Strength building- and to reassure my friend Liz, yes I did lots of stretching! There are only four days to go!!

Before I write my poem, here is a photo that has a great deal of meaning for me - taken from behind my mother pushing my son in a stroller, on Australia Day 1988 (the Bicentenary). We were heading towards the Aboriginal protest march agitating for better conditions of Indigenous Australians. 


Mum, January 26th 1988, walking with 100,000 Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians.
We marched under the Teacher's Federation Banner.

Poem:

Australia Day
A rhyming Australian poem,
A bush ballad forced into rhyme,
Rhythms so bad you could throw 'em,                                               
Then coooee! yelled just in time.

Ouch!


Nah, not putting my name to this! 26/01/2015


No comments:

Post a Comment